ActiveRain is many things to many people... but fundamentally, it is a free blog platform that can do two things for you:
- Help you quickly build a strong presence on the web
- Engage with a community of real estate professionals who are more than happy to educate you on just about any real estate issue conceivable
The second part is especially true if you're willing to become part of the community and share your knowledge and experience as well...
I think it is important to note that for ActiveRain, blog posts and the comments that follow are the lifeblood of the community... So it is extremely appropriate that you start your ActiveRain experience by writing a few comments on popular blog posts.
But first... way back in Day 6, I had you sign up for an ActiveRain account. If you haven't signed up yet, you'll definitely want to do that now. And if you use this link: http://activerain.com/action/referrals/tyr, then I'll get rewared (more on AR rewards later!) for signing you up! ;)
Today's lesson is quite simple and involves just three steps:
- Head to the homepage: http://activerain.com/
- On the left had side of the page, you will find a section called "Today's Blog Posts" with three tabs: "Featured", "Active" and "Last Comment".
- Peruse the blog posts in this section and leave three comments today. Your comments don't have to long or profound... just a comment that shares your thoughts about the post. On the posts that get featured, you'll see that they often feature dozens of comments, so you won't be the only one!
Assuming you're logged in when you leave comments (and you definitely should be since many community members write posts that can only be seen by "members"), then your comment will automatically link back to your profile where others can learn more about you.
For this reason, if you didn't updated your profile on Day 6, then now would be a great time to make sure that your profile reflects well on you and links back to your business website!
That's it for today. Tomorrow, we'll write a blog post!
[And for those of you ActiveRainers who have no idea what this blog post is about, I wrote a bit of background here: http://activerain.com/blogsview/515558/5-Days-of-ActiveRain]